Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mailbox Mondays

MailBox Mondays, you have got to love them. I was really sick this past week and I think all my books showing up at once made life at times more bearable. But then it made me mad because I was so sick I could not even read. At one point I just held them on the couch. I am so happy to finally be back to myself again. Here we go!

From the Lovely Christine Trent I got a finished copy of The Queens Dollmaker signed personally for me. Thank you Christine the final book is breath taking I will cherish it forever.

From the Enchanting Robin Maxwell I received a final copy of O, Juliet and it is amazing. It has a special full color glossy page for the very first page with the romantic balcony scene. Thank you Robin it is such a beautiful cover. Be sure and check out Robin's giveaway at her new blog.

I have been a Source Books hog lately and have received from them ARC's of:
Within The Hollow Crown by Margaret Campbell Barnes
The Stolen Crown by Susan Higginbotham, the first cover with the apple
The Scarlet Lion by Elizabeth Chadwich for Historical Fiction Bloggers Round Table

From Simon and Schuster
The Time Travelers Guide To Medieval England by Ian Mortimer

From Parthian
Into Suez by Stevie Davies
footer sig

9 comments:

  1. I received Within The Hollow Crown too - haven't read any of her books yet, but excited for this one. Great books Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy, dearest Lizzy! I'm really looking forward to reading O, JULIET, as well. You've raved about it so much.

    I have an old copy of Barnes' book (haven't read it yet).

    I've read lots of great press on Higginbotham and Chadwick too. Hmm, methinks it's time to get online and do some book shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I just realized I already had Higginbotham's books in my online cart but had never completed the transaction. So many books, so much ADD. But now I can add Maxwell and Chadwick to the cart. :)

    Does anyone else have so much trouble remembering how many books she has?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're feeling better Lizzy! You received some great ones this past week...I also got Within the Hollow Crown, of which I am super excited because I love Margaret Campbell Barnes' novels!

    Oh and so jealous about the The Time Travelers book - I've been wanting that!

    Have a good week!

    PS - I am starting The Queen's Dollmaker today - woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, me and you are in the same boat. I have not read anything by her yet but I am very excited to read Within the Hollow Crown.

    Christine, thank you thank you thank you. I have read all the covers on the books and they all look so good. It will be my first Chadwich read. I am excited it is in such a unique time period. Yeah girl I have trouble I keep lists everywhere of books. I swear if I do not write it down I will forget.

    Amy, I know you and Marie really like her and since we have the same taste I am sure I will fall in love with her too. All of her books are so pretty. You will love The Queens Dollmaker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL at Christine. I've bought duplicates of books that I already own more than once. CRAZY!

    And Lizzy I'd love to know how you feel about The Time Travelers Guide, I have had a peek at that online, very curious.

    I am also a sourcebooks hog!!! It's been fantastic, hasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are crazy but I am always afraid I will do it when I go to a used book store because you know us book junkies just can not help ourselves.


    Ha Ha, your funny Marie we will be hogs together. Just got lucky so many good books are coming out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Into Suez" by Stevie Davies. It is a fantastic historical novel of great emotional sensitivity. I read it after seeing it mentioned here. It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...