Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Robin Maxwell's O, Juliet Love Poetry Contest Opens!

OOOh wee! Robin has brought out the big guns in a new love poetry contest on her blog. Here is what she had to say about it:

"I'm thrilled to announce the most exciting event of "The O, JULIET Love Games" -- the Love Poetry Competition.
When I initially made the decision that "my" Romeo and Juliet would not only be 15th century Dante freaks but amateur poets themselves, it didn't quite compute that they would both have to write love poetry...meaning I would have to write verse in both their voices. I must say, it gave me pause. In all the years I've been writing I'd only dabbled with poetry for fun (I didn't let anybody read it except my husband). But I decided to take the plunge and while of course it's not Shakespeare, it was a lot of fun. It didn't hurt that neither Romeo nor Juliet were themselves anything more than amateurs. But the experience got me thinking that readers might like to take a crack at writing poetry about everybody's favorite emotion. Thus, the O, JULIET Love Poetry Competition was born.
Run through my blog, http://robinmaxwell.blogspot.com , there'll be two separate contests (and winners), one for adults, and one for young poets age 13-18. The winner in each category will receive a signed copy of O, JULIET, a Renaissance style leather-bound journal, and a leisurely phone conversation with me.


My blog is also hosting the third and last of my "Love Game Giveaways," the prize a solid silver, hand-crafted heart necklace."
footer sig

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool giveaway!!! Too bad I'm horrible at poetry ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Amy we are in the same boat on that one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...