Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Upcoming Release: Within The Hollow Crown by Margaret Campbell Barnes

Due to hit bookstores April 1st 2010

This is also another tasty read I want to get my hands on. I have been searching for a good read set in this period. Maybe this might satisfy my craving. Either way this is going to be my first read by Margaret Campbell Barnes and I am looking forward to it very much.
"Set against the backdrop of a country racked by revolt and class warfare, Within the Hollow Crown showcases the true spirit of a king at the end of one of the most glorious dynasties, who wants both England's heart and crown. Perhaps one of the most misunderstood of all English monarchs, the son of the Black Prince and grandson of Edward III has been portrayed in a dim light by history. But Margaret Campbell Barnes gives readers a different portrait of Richard II. Although his peace-loving ways set him apart from the war-mongering medieval world around him, Richard proved himself a true king by standing down a peasant revolt and outwitting the political schemes of his enemies. Struggling to uphold the valiant Plantagent dynasty, Richard and his queen, Anne of Bohemia, nonetheless manage to create an exquisite partnership, described as "one of the tenderest idylls of romance ever written."

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE MCB's books and can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed that she chooses very interesting periods for her novels. I have to admit though that this will be my first read of hers. I know I will fall in love with her, she obviously has really good taste. Beautiful covers, great time periods, and her main characters are unique.

    I too can not wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read THE KING'S FOOL by Barnes, and it was quite good. I have an old copy of this on my shelf but haven't gotten around to reading it. After you review it, maybe I'll put it on the top of my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Kings Fool caught my eye too. Will Sommers, Henry VII and Henry VIII fool right. I really enjoyed The Queens Fool by Philippa Gregory. Will was in that one too I loved that read. I more than likely will not get my review up until spring this next year. I will let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Margaret Campbell Barnes, so this will definitely be on my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You too Arleigh, well that just verifies that I know I will love her too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...