Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Finally hitting the States "The Young Victoria"

I have been waiting for this hoping it would make it here just like the Pope Joan Movie. Now I just have to find someone to go with me.

"THE YOUNG VICTORIA
(starring Emily Blunt), a film that chronicles Queen Victoria's ascension to the throne, focusing on the early turbulent years of her reign and her legendary romance and marriage to Prince Albert. Directed by Jean-Marc Vallée, written by Academy Award Winner Julian Fellowes (Gosford Park), and produced by a team including Graham King (The
Departed), Martin Scorsese, Tim Headington and Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York - the film has already received international acclaim. The Young Victoria opens in select theaters across the US beginning Friday of this week (12/18)."








4 comments:

  1. I watched this on my flight back from England back in May and really enjoyed it. I didn't really know much about Queen Victoria so I learned a lot. Even my husband liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this movie. I have been fascinated with the young Victoria for years and her passionate relationship with Alfred! Her "Victorian" stiffness was from her long, lonely widowhood, not her passionate younger years! And she was lovely!

    Stephanie
    CLAUDE & CAMILLE: A novel of Monet (Crown 2010)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Emily Blunt. I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daphne, ha you got your husband to watch it and he liked it! It must be good then if the husband actually enjoyed it.

    Stephanie, that is kind of what I got the feeling about her. That she was very passionate in her younger years but after he was gone she was different. I think the person who they picked to play Alfred is perfect for the role. Thank you for paying a visit I can not wait to read your novel. It will be my first on Monet.

    Emily blunt from what I have seen so far does make a great Victoria. I will post the movie clip now because I thoroughly enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...