Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran

September 16, 2008

"In ancient Egypt, a forgotten princess must overcome her family’s past, and remake history.

The winds of change are blowing through Thebes. A devastating palace fire has killed the 18Th dynasty’s royal family—all with the exception of Nefertari, niece of the reviled former queen Nefertiti. The girl’s deceased family has been branded as heretical, and no one in Egypt will speak their names. A relic of a previous reign, Nefertari is pushed aside, an unimportant princess left to run wild in the palace. But all of this changes when she is taken under the wing of pharaoh’s aunt, and brought to the Temple of Hathor where she is educated in a manner befitting a future queen.

Soon Nefertari catches the eye of the crown prince, and despite her family’s history, they fall in love and wish to marry. Yet all of Egypt opposes this union between the rising star of a new dynasty and the fading star of an old, heretical one. While political adversity sets the country on edge, Nefertari becomes the wife of Ramesses the Great. Destined to be the most powerful pharaoh in Egypt, he is also the man who must confront the most famous exodus in history."

7 comments:

  1. I really want to read this book! I'm completely into Egyptian history right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fantastic - I really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too and I keep seeing everyone talking about it but no one had posted the synopsis. I love Egyptian anything I have a collection of Egyptian statues. Anubis is sitting on my desk right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got this one waiting fo rme also, I would love to get to it sooner rather than later since I enjoyed Cleopatra's Daughter so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say, you've been hard at work with your layout changes, it all looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Marie, just getting the fine tuning down. Did you see I made a Amazon Bookstore to be able to track all the new books.
    I do not have a copy of this one but I thought it would come with Cleopatra's Daughter but it did not.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...