Saturday, June 20, 2009

Booking through Thursday: Sci Fi

June 23 Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Day! What might you do on the 23rd to celebrate? Do you even read fantasy/sci-fi? Why? Why not?

I currently do not read any Sci Fi or Fantasy novels. I did how ever read only fantasy when I was a young adult. My favorite first author was Piers Anthony and later in college was Anne Rice. I have tried to go back and it just is not the same for me anymore I need realism.

Anne Rice helped me evolve my taste in reading in the Vampire Chronicles, I found that I more enjoyed the history aspect of living forever, watching the rise and fall of civilizations, society give way to invention, and even industrialization. To live to see all history and thrive on it was fascinating to me. I enjoyed the fantasy of living forever to wander time. Evolution is part of who we are and even our taste in books evolve. I still to this day own every book written by Anne Rice associated or in the Vampire Chronicles. You never forget your first love right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...