Thursday, June 11, 2009

Booking through Thursday: Niche

There are certain types of books that I more or less assume all readers read. (Novels, for example.)

But then there are books that only YOU read. Instructional manuals for fly-fishing. How-to books for spinning yarn. How to cook the perfect souffle. Rebuilding car engines in three easy steps. Dog training for dummies. Rewiring your house without electrocuting yourself. Tips on how to build a NASCAR course in your backyard. Stuff like that.

What niche books do YOU read?

My number one niche area of books that have followed me ever since I started my hobby is guides to saltwater aquariums and fish. Since we have two salt water reef tanks, sometimes it is good to have them as a reference. I also enjoy anything to do with plants, gardening, and landscaping.

2 comments:

  1. This will be SO boring to others, but I really enjoy books about Galveston Island, Texas. I love knowing all the little bits of history: who was here first, who's related to who, who was with which mob, the history of the nightclubs, and on and on. The thing about Galveston is it's size - it makes it easier to know everything that happened here because it's so small. I think this niche is so small I'm the only one in it - me and the Galveston Historical Society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cool though, my sister in law is from Texas. I do not know much about Galveston but it sounds cool. You like what you like and that is it. My other big Niche is Egyptology book and just archeology. I love artifacts for the fact that people I care about in history owned those things and I want to know what their taste was.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...