Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Late Mailbox Mondays

Vlad: The Last ConfessionVlad: The Last Confession C.C. Humphreys

"Dracula. A name of horror, depravity and the darkest sensuality. Yet the real Dracula was just as alluring, just as terrifying, his tale not one of a monster but of a man... and a contradiction.
His tale is told by those who knew him best. The only woman he ever loved...and whom he had to sacrifice. His closest comrade...and traitor. And his priest, betraying the secrets of the confessional to reveal the mind of the man history would forever remember as The Impaler. This is the story of the man behind the legend...as it has never been told before".

My Lord John: A tale of intrigue, honor and the rise of a king My Lord John: A tale of intrigue, honor and the rise of a king, Georgette Heyer

"Georgette Heyer's final novel, set in her own favorite time period.
With her signature wit, drama and impeccable historical accuracy, Georgette Heyer tells the story of a medieval royal family on the rise. Set in the last days of the reign of Richard II, just before Henry V succeeded him to the throne, the eponymous hero is Henry's brother, John, Duke of Bedford. Heyer brings the medieval world to life, creating a panoramic view of a royal family's intricacies, intrigues and sibling rivalries, along with the everyday lives of the servants, clerics, and vassals in their charge".

A Race to SplendorA Race to Splendor, Ciji Ware

"Inspired by female architect Julia Morgan, this is the riveting tale of a race against time to rebuild two luxury hotels after the 1906 San Francisco earthquake destroyed 400 city blocks and left 250,000 homeless.
Morgan's fictional protegee Amelia Bradshaw and client J.D. Thayer will sacrifice anything to see the city they love rise from the ashes; in the process, they can't help but lose their hearts".


~Lizzy~

11 comments:

  1. Great mailbox Liz! I just finished up Vlad and really liked it - one word of advice, if you're squeamish don't read it before bedtime :)

    I also got the new Ware and cant' wait to read it - I just love her writing!

    I hope you enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Vlad book too. Looks intriguing, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have gorgeous books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am DYING to read Vlad the last confession! I bet its good!

    -kate the book buff
    http://www.thebookbuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooohh, Vlad sounds gooood! I've got that Ciji Ware title on my list at the library. I've got a mailbox and a teaser up if you've time to stop by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, I saw that you plowed through Vlad, I kind of had the feeling it was one that would not be best read before bed. I bought the Ware one with my mothers day gift card. I really want to read it since my mom grew up in S.F. Thank you Amy and I hope you enjoy your new ones too.

    Patty, I read the first few pages and it is very intriguing. I am hoping to read it next.

    Mystica, awh you are so sweet I am a sucker for a cool or pretty cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lady Q, I hope Vlad is good I really have had my eye on it and I am hoping it will shake me out of my reading rut. I got Race to Splendor at Target if you can believe that for 15 and some change. Thanks for sharing I will swing by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, am v curious about Vlad -- can't wait to see your review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Audra, hopefully it will not be too long but the book is not that big so I am thinking it should not take too long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited to read Race to Splendor. I'm not sure I've ever read a historical fiction about San Francisco!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One comment got deleted by blogger in the mess up "Meg @ A Bookish Affair

    I'm so excited to read Race to Splendor. I'm not sure I've ever read a historical fiction about San Francisco"!

    I agree Meg I have never read about SF in historical fiction but it must make for good reads because I have see some of the history tied to the giant quake and it is some interesting stuff. I hope you get a chance to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...