Sunday, October 16, 2011

Today In History: Marie Antoinette and Madame Guillotine

October 16 1793, France

Marie ...you are never far from my thoughts especially on this day. Two hundred and eighteen years ago today you faced the greatest of outcomes and your courage always has given me courage. Thank you for being my inspiration in my darkest hours.

I found it fitting that instead of re-posting the same historical great paintings of Marie that instead we go with the fantastic Vogue photo shoot for the Marie Antoinette movie.
"She faced death with absolute self control and dignity, and stepped gracefully, even with hands tied, to the scaffold".





4 comments:

  1. Love the photos! I have always felt that Marie Antoinette was a tragic historic character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pictures. My favorite is the top one. It symbolizes so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, very tragic indeed, I love her story in HF and non-fiction. There really was not anyone quite like her.

    Jenny Q, thank you and glad you enjoyed it.

    Carole Rae, I love that one too and until I put this post together I had not seen the top one. It is very fitting for her and honorable to her character. I am super happy you enjoyed the post, viva la rein!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...