Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Book Review: THE SECRET BRIDE by Diane Haeger

I decided to review this book today in Honor of Mary Tudors Birthday. Happy Birthday Mary! Though I finished it back in January I still find myself thinking about this book. Absolutely intriguing, Talk about growing up Tudor. I found it funny that Mary was very a aurny child. Especially when she was a snot to teen age Charles Brandon with herself being only a child. With her ever faithful childhood companion the french Jane Popyncourt by her side they emerge into the beginning days of the newly crowned Henry VII court. Mary witnesses Jane's trials of the heart and learns first hand a brutal life lesson about the ways of men. Mary was known as the most beautiful woman at court & her brothers absolute favorite. When Mary goes to France to marry the old King Louis, you know she has a secret plan for her real future. But you do not want her to go. Mary continually surprised me I have found myself thinking of this book when I read other books that tie to Mary. I would defiantly recommend this book. I love that this book is a swooney loves story, you want Mary to be happy. I just have to say Thank you to my husband for taking my "Xmas book list" to the book store and braving to stray from the list. It was a wonderful surprise. A must buy!

"Mary Tudor, the headstrong younger sister of the ruthless King Henry VIII, has always been her brother's favorite--- but now she is also an important political bargaining chip. When she is promised to elderly ailing King Louis of France, heartbroken Mary accepts her fate, but not before extracting a promise from her brother: When the old king dies, her next marriage shall be solely of her choosing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...