Monday, February 01, 2010

Want more Romeo and Juliet? The 1996 Movie


I first saw this movie when it came out in the theater. I love Claire Danes and did develop a crush on the hottie Leonardo DiCaprio after watching this. Keeping with the Historical Fiction Round Table Event feature of O, Juliet I just could not resist putting this up. The WHOLE time I read O, Juliet at key points in the novel I kept hearing the soundtrack to this movie going with the book. I love the music it was a perfect fit for the emotions that needed to be conveyed.

The movie trailer is first and then I could only find the second part of the actual movie. The second part is almost the beginning except it is missing the intro of the families and the first brawl in the streets between the houses. Enjoy all, I need to just buy this movie so I can watch it over and over until I get it out of my system.


7 comments:

  1. I loved that version of Romeo and Juliet! I hadn't heard of O' Juliet before. Look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of this version, but I love the soundtrack. I own it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the movie but the soundtrack is what made it so good. The music was make the hair on your arms stand up good.

    Erika, you will love it, I LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this movie was just ok. I liked the older movie version better. But the music is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I liked this one so much because I have nothing to compare it to. I have not seen the older one at all. I need to get it from the library or something.

    The music was great in this one, I still have the cd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was an instant LOVE for me when I first saw this movie! I must've watched a gazillion times. I worked at a video store at the time and they begged me to stop playing it ;-)

    Oh yes, Leo was a certified hottie in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah....HA I knew you would love it too Amy we have the same taste in movies. I liked that the "swords" were replaced with sword written on their guns. I really liked it but so many others did not.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...