Thursday, September 23, 2010

Book Review: BEAUTY'S RELEASE by A.N. Roquelaure


This one I have a few things first of all to admit. Of all three books this one was my favorite, more than likely because it is the conclusion of the series. Second I am happy I stepped out of my little normal reads box and just went for something new. Variety is good and I believe reading this trilogy has really made me appreciate my regular book choices.


In book three “Beauty’s Release” Beauty is kidnapped by the sultan's henchmen and stolen away in the night to a far off foreign land that is nothing like anything she has ever known. Not knowing what to expect, Beauty found the new land enticing because everything was so different including how they managed their slaves. Beauty was kidnapped because she was the cream of the slave crop and the sultan had worked out a deal with the Queen that he was allowed to steal only the best. Since Beauty was one of the best you had better believe they would use her like the best slave that ever hit the block.


As I have stated before this series is too graphic to go into much detail here. What I can say is I am glad I read it and I was satisfied with the conclusion. It was worth it in the end just to find out what happen to Beauty.


3.5/5 Best one of the series. Wildly imaginative on Rice’s part, honestly before reading this series I never would have guessed how dark Ann Rice could be. It does all make sense now that I look back on the Vampire Chronicles. I see the dark underlining that was fully exposed in this series. If you are interested in giving this wildly erotic series a try please keep in mind it is very S and M style and very graphic with sex and violence.


X-Rated for straight sex, gay sex, and violence.
FTC-This book was borrowed from the library.

Amazon
Beauty's Release: The Conclusion of the Classic Erotic Trilogy of Sleeping Beauty 
The Sleeping Beauty Novels: The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty / Beauty's Release / Beauty's Punishment
footer sig

7 comments:

  1. Good review Lizzy and thanks for the insight on the erotic themes for this trilogy. I don't mind having sex in a book as long as it makes the book flow and is just not thrown in for the sake of it...like in a lot of action movies. I tried to read some of Anne's vampire novels and just couldn't get into them but perhaps I could this trilogy. But like you...I'll be getting them from the library ;) Have a great weekend, fondly, Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since Aurora is my favorite of all time, I guees I'll have to check this series out. But since this book was the best, can I just read this one, or do I have to read all of them? Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roberta, I have to admit I loved the vampire books too but there was just one I could not get into for some reason. I never finished it. It is worth a try if you can deal with the sex it is not thrown into the book it is the whole core of the story. They are an easy quick read.

    Jenny Girl, she is my favorite too but now I can not think of her and not think of these books if you want to keep her image wholesome I would not read them. You do not have to read them in order but I would recommend it because you will miss out on a bunch of stuff but I did notice that each book in the beginning has a catch up on the previous one. A bonus is they are really short I think the first one was only 160 pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to read this triology for a time now, and your reviews just made me more curious. I love Mrs. Rice's other novels, and I am not a very prudent person, so I believe I can stomach all the sexual content and violence.

    I love your blog btw, and will definitely follow it!

    Greetings from Malena at Royal Women.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malena, go for it I think for me as a Rice lover it opened up the whole darker side of her I had not seen before. It was only hinted at before. I am off to check out your page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I am not that wholesome myself, so I'll check them out anyway. But thank you for the heads-up, I appreciate it.
    If it gets too crazy for me, than I can just put it down. Rice is darker than her Vamp books? Hmmm now I def have to check these out.

    Thanks Lizzy, and lovet he new look btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, yes darker than the vampire books but in a different way. Check it out I think you will just have to see what I mean. I enjoyed them but I have to say my favorite Anne Rice book will always be The Mummy. Thank you can you tell I am obsessed with pink and blue, hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...